Thursday 13 June 2013

Looking for an art blog? Look no further: Lines and Colors

A superb art blog by Charley Parker. Highly recommended.

"Lines and Colors is a blog about drawing, sketching, painting, comics, cartoons, webcomics, illustration, digital art, concept art, gallery art, artist tools and techniques, motion graphics, animation, sci-fi and fantasy illustration, paleo art, storyboards, matte painting, 3d graphics and anything else I find visually interesting. If it has lines and/or colors, it's fair game."

Many of the artists he looks at I'd not heard of. He's got posts on everything from the Symbolists to Mike Davis' Boschean paintings and Nate Simpson's comic.

Schweet!

The retrospective on Moebius is good too.

I feel like I don't need to bother posting about art anymore. That's a load off my shoulders.

Remedios Varo reminds me of Blair Drawson. William Timlin of Arthur Rackham. All fabulous. Check them out.